This has been THE week of firsts for me. I am utterly spent (and over the moon) and it’s only Thursday! Some were bucket-list “type” items (as in I’ve always wanted to do them but I won’t die if I don’t) and some were just fun happenstances! My firsts this week (in no particular order):
- First time at The Club (Have always wanted to go. Done!)
- First time seeing all of the Birmingham city lights from atop Red Mountain (not necessarily always wanted to, but that was just because I didn’t know what I was missing. I fell in love with her all over again tonight).
- First time meeting Joe Lockett. Thank you Comedienne Joy!
- First time getting a turkey in bowling, and then a hambone! (4 strikes in a row)
- First time taking a bathing suit selfie (Not something I EVER wanted to do, especially at my current size, but somehow found the courage and it was extremely liberating – blog post coming!).
- First time seeing commercial-grade fireworks being set up (have always wanted to see that!).
- First time being THISCLOSE to fireworks. It seriously moved me; it was so majestic and powerful.
- First time seeing the International Space Station fly over! (Wanted to? Definitely!) “How will I know where it is?” “It will be MOVING ACROSS THE SKY, DINGBAT!”
- First time being adopted as a pet.
- First time I didn’t cry at my annual GYN exam. (I can’t help it, I just do. But not this time, suckas! Only took 20 years!)
There are more firsts to come, too – the Bloganista mini-con this weekend will be my first blogging conference! I am IN IT TO WIN IT this year, folks. Watch out…this girl is on fire!